Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Goodness of God




As I write this I can look out my window and see the incredibly gorgeous leaves of our big Elm (at least that's what I've been told) that overlooks the side of our property. The cellphone picture doesn't do it justice. The leaves turn to a pretty spectacular golden color in the fall. Nature has always been a reminder to me of the wonder and awe of the mighty God that we serve. Whether standing on the seashore and looking out over the ocean or admiring the foliage in the fall or looking at the stars on a dark clear night creation has spoken to my heart since I was young. The heavens truly do declare the glory of God (Psalm 19:1).

Don't forget to thank the Lord for His goodness to you today. It is so easy to get caught up in the stress and worry of life and forget what really matters.

Jesus said that we are to seek first the Kingdom of God. Life, stress, busyness and our very real enemy conspire to reorder our priorities -- to get them out of line with what God has for us.

Make some time for the Lord. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: